If you’ve ever been to one or more of the new Hard Rock Hotels and Casinos you know how spectacular they are. Their newest one in Hollywood, Florida may have outdone them all. A renovation that took twelve years and cost 1.5 BILLION dollars has culminated in a guitar shaped hotel that is four hundred and fifty feet tall. The “guitar” features a light show that is set to music and lighted guitar strings that project into the sky in constantly changing colors. It also has 638 hotel rooms. The video below shows off the spectacular light show at the grand opening of Hard Rock’s Newest Hotel:
Hard Rock Hotels are owned by The Seminole Indian Tribe based in Florida so it perfect sense to make this one their flagship.
Features of the new Hotel and Casino complex include:
- At the entrance to the new hotel is the Oculus, which includes a light and water show choreographed to music surrounded by greenery.
- The Guitar Hotel rises 450 feet, and includes 638 new guestrooms, bringing the total at the resort to 1,271 rooms.
- A 13.5-acre “Bora Bora” pool and lagoon experience with overwater cabanas is in front of the new hotel, with swimming, kayaking and paddle boarding. There is also a spa and fitness center spanning over 42,000 square feet, and more than 150,000 square feet of meeting space.
- The resort now includes 19 food and beverage outlets, along with 20 bars and lounges, a DAER nightclub and dayclub complex, and a high-end shopping area.
- Expansion of casino space brings the total to 3,100 slot machines, 193 table games and a 45-table poker room, with 195,000 square feet of gaming space.
- A new Hard Rock Live performance venue can seat 7,000 people.
- Every night at sunset, there will be a Sunset Light Show outside the Guitar Tower. Lights on the tower will be programmed to change color and intensity timed to music. Six fixed high-powered beams of light will project at least 20,000 feet into the night sky.
It sounds like a road trip may be in order.
What do you think of Hard Rock’s guitar-shaped hotel?