April 20, 2021 – Guitarist and bandleader Marcus King has been thrilling audiences with his blend of Rock, Jazz and Blues tunes since he first formed The Marcus King Band when he was 16. He started out playing his grandfather’s 1962 Gibson ES-345 which was handed down to his father and then to Marcus. Now at age twenty five with four albums including 2019’s “Carolina Confessions” and the Grammy-nominated “El Dorado” under his belt, he is a force to be reckoned with. In honor of his achievements and fiery, yet melodic playing style, Gibson has recreated this classic with the new Marcus King ES-345 guitar.
The guitar includes the following appointments:
- A pair of Custombucker humbuckers,
- 6-position mono Varitone switch
- Audio taper CTS potentiometers
- Black Cat capacitors
- ABR-1 Tune-O-Matic bridge
- Sideways Vibrola
- Stop Bar bushings with a “Custom Made” cover plate
- Gold Grover “milk bottle” Rotomatic tuners (“a King household trademark,” according to Marcus)
- Engraved “Stereo” truss rod cover
- Sixties Cherry VOS finish.
A Custom Shop ES case, Certificate of Authenticity, and Marcus King belt buckle are also included. The belt buckle was hand-carved, hand-cast, and hand-finished in the USA by Maker and Smith. The custom design was inspired by the Blue Ridge Mountains in Marcus King’s native state of South Carolina.
In the video below Marcus talks about “Big Red” – Gibson’s New Marcus King ES-345 guitar:
The Marcus King ES-345 Guitar has a street price of $6999.00. More information is available on the Gibson website.
What a beautiful guitar. I’ll bet it plays as good as it looks! I can’t wait to try one out!